A very nice release for those wanting to understand the costs of their hybrid clouds. Cost detail improvements, public cloud enhancements, reporting enhancements. You can get right to the download page here.
The release of IT Business Management Standard Edition 1.1 focuses on improved integration, enhanced value and reduced complexity. The release has provided enhancements in several areas.
- Cost Analysis
- Public Cloud
- Usability and Report Enhancements
The IT Business Management Standard Edition 1.1 release integrates with vCloud Automation Center 6.1.
If you are doing a fresh installation, use the new binaries of IT Business Management Standard Edition 1.1. If you are upgrading vCloud Automation Center from 6.0 to 6.1, you must upgrade IT Business Management Standard Edition. Note that IT Business Management Standard Edition 1.1 does not support vCloud Automation Center 6.0.
- Data center awareness – You can select a data center and view or edit the cost information specific to the data center. IT Business Management Standard Edition 1.1 categorizes and displays the information according to the data center that you have selected.
- Distribute VDP backup cost – The cost of each vSphere Data Protection (VDP) virtual machine that is used for backup service is uniformly distributed among other virtual machines that reside in the same vCenter Server.
- Cost of RDM service – The cost of Raw Device Mapping (RDM) storage details is considered during cost calculations and the RDM cost is accounted under the virtual machine storage cost.
- Upload CSV to update server purchase details – You can create a batch for each server hardware entry by uploading a CSV file containing your server cost details. After you upload the CSV file, a batch of type as mentioned in the CSV file is added to the corresponding matched server group. The reference cost and batch cost is updated accordingly.
- Support New Zealand currency – IT Business Management Standard Edition 1.1 supports New Zealand currency. During deployment, you can set the currency as New Zealand Dollar for IT Business Management Standard cost calculations.
- Manage public cloud providers – You can now add your preferred public cloud providers into IT Business Management Standard Edition and then compare the cost of virtual machine groups against private cloud and with other public clouds.IT Business Management Standard uses the list prices for Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure for the cloud comparison feature. You can now change your Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure cloud comparison pricing if you receive special pricing from those vendors.
- Support for vCloud Air Cost Comparison � IT Business Management Standard Edition now supports vCloud Air for cost comparison with your private cloud or other cloud public cloud providers.
- Azure and Amazon Web Services cloud cost visibility – You can add and manage Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) accounts to IT Business Management Standard Edition. You can view the total AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud cost information along with the account specific information.
- Amazon Web Services tags – You can apply tags to your AWS resources that represent your business dimensions (such as cost centers, application names, or owners) to organize your costs across multiple services.
Usability and Report Enhancements
- Search, Filter and Drill down – IT Business Management Standard Edition enables you to search and filter specific data based on your requirements. You can easily find information that you are looking for. You can also drill down for additional information.
- vCloud Director Reports – You can generate reports for vCloud Director and vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) cost details. vCloud Director and vCloud Automation Center constructs such as Tenants, Business Groups and Blueprints in vCloud Automation Center and org vDC for vCloud Director can view the information within these reports.
- Metric Reports – New metrics reports that are using our new IT Business Management benchmarking service are added to IT Business Management Standard. This helps to compare your environment with other related metrics to run a private cloud operation.
- Several user interface updates are made to enhance the usability and also several report enhancements are added for improved user experience and to provide better value to the users.