This release of View delivers a number of important new features and enhancements.
Hosted Apps and Desktops
- Delivers Hosted Apps and desktops (remote applications and desktops) through expanded integration with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server operating systems.
- Provides a robust way to access one or more remote applications seamlessly from any Horizon Client 3.0 or later using PCoIP.
- Provides the ability to remote shared session desktops from RDS hosts using PCoIP.
Cloud Pod Architecture
- Lets you deploy View in multiple datacenters that you can manage as a single deployment.
- Provides global entitlements to desktops in multiple datacenters.
- Provices the ability to scale up to 20K desktops across two sites and four View pods.
View integration with VMware Virtual SAN technology
- Aggregates local server-attached storage to satisfy performance and capacity requirements of virtual desktops.
- View recognizes the Virtual SAN storage type and automates the creation of Virtual SAN storage policies based on the type of desktops being deployed.
- If you intend to use Virtual SAN, download vSphere 5.5 U1, which is required to support the Virtual SAN feature.
- View Connection Server, security server, and View Composer are supported on Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems.
- Ability to send View logs to a Syslog server such as VMware vCenter Log Insight.
- Support for RDS remote applications and desktops with the View Agent Direct-Connection Plug-in.
- Enhanced smart card authentication for View Administrator.
- Integration of remote applications with Workspace. Users can launch View applications from the Workspace user portal.
- Real-Time Audio-Video installs a new kernel-mode webcam driver on View desktops that provides better compatibility with browser-based video apps and other 3rd-party conferencing software.
- The Remote Experience Agent is now integrated with View Agent. Previously, you had to install View Agent and the Remote Experience Agent to use features such as HTML Access, Unity Touch, Real-Time Audio-Video, and Windows 7 Multimedia Redirection. Now you obtain these features by installing View Agent only.
- Virtual machine space reclamation is supported for Windows 8 and 8.1 linked clone machines in a vSphere 5.5 or later environment.
- View Persona Management is supported on Windows 8.1 desktops. It is also supported on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 desktops that are based on physical or virtual machines.
- The Blast Secure Gateway (BSG) now supports up to 800 connections to remote desktops from clients using HTML Access. This connection limit applies to a BSG on one View Connection Server instance or security server.